A New Review for Badfish!

If you haven't yet given Badfish a try, please do so! You might like it! :)
 
 
 
 
 
By Brian on February 17, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition
The cover confused me a bit when I read the synopsis of this, but after reading it, I'm really glad I took a chance on it. Badfish is one of those books where you wonder if it will be as good as the synopsis paints it. This one was actually better. Rovens is a wonderful story-teller and character developer.

The characters were incredibly deep and believable. With that being said, they were interesting, to say the least. Interesting in every meaning of the word.

Even when I was trying to figure out what genre to shove this in I couldn't find the sweet spot. It definitely has some horror items that would make Steven King proud (minus the 900 of 1000 pages describing needless things) ;). It is also a suspenseful book. There were times I found myself holding my breath. That's a sign of a well written book.

A few times did I find some of the goings on a little vulgar, but I don't mind things like that. Just be warned that there is some dark stuff in here -- I mean just read the synopsis.

Overall, a few minor flaws here and there and it just not being totally inside a "must-read" genre for me -- this book was good. If you are a fan of King or Koonts I can't imagine this book disappointing you at all.

Suspenseful horror fans be on the lookout for Sue Rovens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gracious Thank You To All Backers of Track 9!

May 2017

Transitioning to New Website!